Dry Cleaning Tips and Tricks!
Dry Cleaning Tips and Tricks from your friends at Fabricare Center:
As you start the week, here are some of our favorite Fabricare Center dry cleaning tips! Words to live by…
- Never rub stains, blot them!
- Don’t iron stained or soiled clothes.
- Never put a garment away for a season without cleaning it.
- Protect your garments from prolonged exposure to sunlight or strong artificial lights.
- Clean all matching pieces of an outfit together.
- Always hang leather garments on padded hangers to help retain their shape.
- Regular dry cleaning with GreenEarth will actually help your clothes last longer.
- Spray perfume and hairspray on before you get dressed. The alcohol in the spray can fade, discolor, or stain clothes.
- Carefully fold your sweaters. Don’t hang them or stuff them in a drawer.
- Dry cleaning extends the life of a garment by reducing the wear and tear from a regular washing machine.
- Have suits dry cleaned in GreenEarth every 2-3 wearings to prevent oil and dirt build up around the collar and cuffs, remove wrinkles, and refresh the fabric.
- Dry clean your denim. It will help preserve the dye, keep the denim dark, and prevent fading.
- Sunscreen is good for the skin, but bad for the clothes. Be careful with sunscreen application, as it can fade or stain your garment.
- Plastic bags are provided to protect your garments until you get home. When you put away your clothes, we recommend storing them either uncovered or in fabric garment bags.
- Protect garments, especially silks, from excessive perspiration, as it can cause many dyes to discolor.
- Discuss all stains with us. Make sure to point out light-colored or invisible spills, such as those from sodas, fruit juices, or white wine.
- Even if it’s a special occasion garment that you wear only once or twice a year, have it dry cleaned before putting it back in your closet.
- Dry cleaning utilizes more powerful, non-water based solutions that rid your garments of those stubborn, set-in stains.
- Always store clothing in temperature-controlled environments, such as an extra closet or under your bed.
- To keep your area rugs fresh, we recommend getting them professionally dry cleaned every 1-2 months.